Welcome to Galway Bay Seafoods
Sign up for our loyalty card here
Once you sign up for our loyalty card we will automatically add you to the database and you will recieve e-mails about our special offers and up-coming events in our retail shop aswell as a 10% discount on all our fresh fish!
Welcome to the home of Galway Bay Seafoods where a lifetime of experience is being brought to you…
Galway Bay Seafoods was established in 1950 and has grown organically over the last 62 years. A life long passion for seafood and fish by the owners has given Galway Bay Seafoods a level of knowledge and experience that cannot be learnt over night. The full history of Galway Bay Seafoods can be learnt here.
The company can be broken down into four key areas
Customer service is the foundation to our business and we will go the extra mile for our customers, we can assist and advise you on how to create wonderful dishes
Pan-fried John Dory with shrimp sauce vierge and sautéed potatoes
1. Season the John Dory fillets with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then dredge the fillets in the flour on each side.
2. Heat the oil a frying pan until hot. Add the fish, skin-side down and cook on each side for 1-2 minutes, until just cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside to rest in a warm place.
3. For the shrimp sauce vierge, heat the olive oil in a separate frying pan over a very low heat. When the oil is warm (but not too hot), add the shallots and garlic and warm through for one minute.
4. Add the tomatoes and shrimps and warm through for a further two minutes.
5. Add the tarragon, lemon juice and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. For the sautéed potatoes, heat a separate frying pan until hot then add the rapeseed oil and potatoes. Sauté for 5-6 minutes, until golden brown all over and tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the potatoes onto kitchen paper. Season, to taste, with salt and sprinkle with the parsley.
7. To serve, place the John Dory onto the centre of the plate, then spoon over the shrimp sauce vierge. Place a spoonful of the sautéed potatoes alongside.